This is how I Fixed the ZPOOL error afterI Upgrarded 2 new hard drive to do Mirror

Status
Not open for further replies.

idd

Cadet
I install FreeNAS 8.2.0-RELEASE-p1
and was testing Mirror with 2 hard drive so I install 2 160gb sata hard drive and did mirror everything was running fine for month after all the test I did with these hard drive and it was perfect.

Then i decide to go full blown and bought 2 new sea gate 2x 2 TB hard drive hook them up did the ZFS to Mirror
everything look perfect i start to transfer file half way i get error so i formatted the new hard drive again then transfer again
still same problem..

then it clicked i bought a a 16 channel security recorder 2 week before and I had the same problem the sata cable that came with it
i connect to the hard drive switch on security recorder and it would not detect it. for week I try to fix it.

then just as I was about to thrown it in the dump I change the sata cable to new one and the dam thing picked up and is working till this day

so I Decide to do the same to freenas and put in 2 brand new sata cable and the dam thing been working since now
i have no more zpool error all is well and have green light on and healthy hard drive..

so guy if you have problem try it...

Status
Not open for further replies.