Thanks for the old admin GUI & suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I was using the "new" 8.x.x system, and I utterly HATE HATE HATE the web admin GUI.

I downloaded the 9.x version, and it has gone back to the older 7.x GUI, which at least makes sense and flows logically.

Seriously - if you keep the new 8.x GUI, I doubt I will use the product - its too hard to work with the 8.x GUI. Yucks.

There seems to be logical disconnects between volumes and extents so that its anyones guess as to how it all work. Sucks big time.

please dont change the 9.x GUI - it just works really well, the pages are laid out logically, everything visually connects together.

Can I also suggest a "getting up and going in 30 mins" guide ( heck, I'm happy to write it for you if you dont mind publishing it ) - this may be anathema to the linux world, but for those of us who were raised and weaned on windows ( the great evil ), a quick guide on how to create 4 drives, volumes, extents and iscsi targets insdie of 1 hour would be *invaluable*.

The more fancy stuff can wait - most of us just need freenas for rapid prototyping and windows cluster use/testing in VMware hosts.

Well done on Freenas - its a great and essential tool.

raulfg3

Dabbler
Can I also suggest a "getting up and going in 30 mins" guide ( heck, I'm happy to write it for you if you dont mind publishing it
there are a very good manual on: http://doc.freenas.org/index.php/Main_Page

I downloaded the 9.x version, and it has gone back to the older 7.x GUI, which at least makes sense and flows logically

Version 9 do not exist, perhaps you see Nas4Free that is an independient fork of freeNAS 7 Legacy and is not related in any way with FreeNAS 8 or IxSystem

please dont change the 9.x GUI - it just works really well, the pages are laid out logically, everything visually connects together

As I say IxSystem or FreeNAS Team can't do any changes in Nas4Free Because is other proyect with other goals ( Home NAS Vs Enterprise NAS).

Status
Not open for further replies.