Thank you goodness

So glad I seen this post about dev mode. The reason I am here though is because of permissions. I have a user that is part of builtin administration and builtin users. The groups have full access set up in acl. However my user does not. I get permission denied. The only way I can get permission is to explicitly define the user. Before this update I was able to be apart of group and I had full access

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
Not sure I quite understood the question, you mean access to the UI right or a share? You may need to file a bug ticket so we can review if its an issue.

a nfs share. I did a lot of testing and found that if i turned off nfs3 permission mode on nfs4, make sure both nfs3 and nfs4 are enabled, and enabled the > 16 groups my permissions work. The user in question is not in anywhere near 16 groups on either host or client. But with these options all my shares work as expected. I also have allow non root mounts enabled. This setting was the same as it was before update.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
a nfs share. I did a lot of testing and found that if i turned off nfs3 permission mode on nfs4, make sure both nfs3 and nfs4 are enabled, and enabled the > 16 groups my permissions work. The user in question is not in anywhere near 16 groups on either host or client. But with these options all my shares work as expected. I also have allow non root mounts enabled. This setting was the same as it was before update.
This is more about how group membership is determined for NFS clients. There are two ways of doing this on an NFS server. One is accepting what the client sends via RPC (limited to 16 groups), the other is to determine group membership locally based on user / group on the TrueNAS server.