Target Volume Identification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiago

Cadet
Hello guys,
I'm new with FreeNAS, but I read the wiki documentation and I configured my box successfully.
Anyway there´s only one part of the configuration that I couldn´t complete.

I created one volume to use as iSCSI.
I configured the initiators, authorized access, device extends and associated targets.

But, when I connect to my client machine and try to discovery the targets I can see and connect with all of them.
I would like to see only the respective target not all the ones which was configured for other servers.

I don´t know if my question was clear.
Here is an example:
In my FreeNAS server I configure 2 targets
Server A and Server B
Server A will be attached into Client A only.

When I run a discovery action in the Client A I can see and connect ServerA and ServerB volumes.
I would like to see like that ServerA -> Client A only. Doing the the technicians will not mount the wrong volume on the wrong client.

I was used to do that with Open Filer, and now I would like to do it with FreeNAS.

Thank you very much for your help.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
You have to configure it pretty carefully, because you need to also have separate initiators (though I believe you can do it with users/"Authorized Accesses" as well). In the Targets, then, you have two (or more) targets and you tie the correct Initiator Group ID to the desired target. It gets a little messy and confusing.

Tiago

Cadet
Hello guys, thank you very much for your support.
My mistake occurred in target configuration option. I was setting the wrong initiator name for the clients. I corrected the configuration and now is ok.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Is it just me, or is configuring iSCSI on almost any device an exercise in excessive complexity and frustration? I'd say don't feel too bad about it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.