SOLVED Problem creating iSCSI target

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric Gaberik

Cadet
Hey there, brand new to this forum as well as brand new to FreeNAS. I have a server that is running FreeNAS with an Adaptec 6445 RAID controller with three RAID 5 Virtual Drives built on it. FreeNAS is able to see those devices and I am trying to set those up as iSCSI targets that a few ESXi 5.5 initiators can point to. I think I have configured everything correctly but when I go to start the iSCSI service I get a message that says it was unable to start the service . I have attached my info from /var/log/messages.

I can add more configuration details if needed. Appreciate the help!

Attachments

• freenas_log.png
    freenas_log.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 184
D

dlavigne

Which version of FreeNAS (full "Build" name from System Information)?

Eric Gaberik

Cadet
FreeNAS-9.2.1.9-RELEASE-x64 (2bbba09)

Also worth noting that with my extents associated to my target is when I get this error. If I take them out of my associated targets I can start the iSCSI service. Not sure if this would help pinpoint my issue.

D

dlavigne

There was one ctl bug that was fixed after release so if there are any available updates, apply them.

If that doesn't fix the issue, it may be a different one. In that case, create a bug report at bugs.freenas.org indicating the condition under which the error occurs and post the issue number here.

Eric Gaberik

Cadet
I am working on getting this done I will update the thread appropriately when I get results.

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.