takes 2 attempts to assign an ip in web user interface

rizz

Cadet
hi there this is my first time posting and also my first time using freenas so please go easy on me, im looking for some help as i have managed to install freenas and get my shares up and running etc... i installed plex and it works fine and i can move folders to and from using windows 10 etc...my only issue is it takes 2 attempts to configure the web user interface when booting freenas, everytime i must hit configure network interface and the first time it just comes up with http://0.0.0.0 the second attempt it will assign a ip address and works fine from that point on. my issue is i cannot do this every time i boot the machine as it is running headless, is there anyone who could spare a moment to help me with this, thank you.

system specs are

ryzen 2200g
gigabyte b450 aorus elite
16gb ram

Arwen

MVP
It would be helpful to know the version of software. You posted in the legacy FreeNAS sub-forums, but all the development is in the TrueNAS Core and TrueNAS SCALE releases of software.

Which train and version are you using?

That said, I don't have any answers... but, anyone else who could help, will want the train, (FreeNAS, Core, or SCALE), and version.

PS: Both TrueNAS Core, (based on FreeBSD), and TrueNAS SCALE, (based on Linux), are free for use. Just like the old FreeNAS.