System Reboots after starting install

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcbay

Cadet
Hi all,

I've downloaded Freenas11 onto a USB drive then created a bootable DVD, after pressing enter on Freenas Installer the system starts scrolling commands then the entire computer just restarts and never installs OS. I've burned two different disks but still the same problem, any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

D

dlavigne

System specs? Also, why create a DVD and not just write the image to the USB stick?

marcbay

Cadet
System specs? Also, why create a DVD and not just write the image to the USB stick?
Once I click the the downloaded file it only gives me the option to burn to disk.
System spec: Dual Xeon E5-2603 1.7Ghz, 32GB DDR4, 12 X 6TB Iron Wolf Drives + 512GB Samsung Nvme - Asus Z10PE-DB WS motherboard. Appreciate any help, thanks.

Evertb1

Guru

marcbay

Cadet
So I burned the iso onto a flash drive, the system still reboots after you select FreeNas Installer, here is a screen showing the last command before it reboots

Attachments

• freenas1.jpg
    freenas1.jpg
    292.1 KB · Views: 202

Evertb1

Guru
So I burned the iso onto a flash drive, the system still reboots after you select FreeNas Installer, here is a screen showing the last command before it reboots
In your screenshot I see an error message about a not supported port multiplier. Not my thing, but there are several threads to find about this on the FreeNAS forum and the FreeBSD forum. They seem to point to BIOS problems with AHCI. I suggest that you Google the error message. In the mean time I think it would be very heplful if you could suply the forum members with information about your BIOS settings and the specifics about your installation medium and installation target. The more information you provide the more chance that somebody is able to help you.

By the way: You have a interesting motherboard there. I am not sure if I would by it my self for a FreeNAS server, but I would love the build a powerfull workstation around it. I would recommand to buy the IPM Managment Upgrade kit that is available for it if you haven't done so already. IPMI is great and I don't think that I ever build a server without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.