System hung on reboot

I've had my freenas for a while and it has been fairly stable, although the hardware isn't the best and the disks are pretty old. I can't access it at the moment because it's hung doing a reboot. Best I can recall it is probably version 11.1 with the old UI. Recently it started failing to mount NFS shares (cifs and scp work perfectly fine) and I see messages similar to kernel: sonewconn: pcb 0xfffff80203563930: Listen queue overflow: 193 already in queue awaiting acceptance (1 occurrences) in the log. I tracked this down to mountd on port 814. Thinking a service restart might clear this up I tried to stop NFS from the GUI. After 20 minutes I killed the process. 20 minutes later it still hadn't died so I issued a reboot. GUI is down, SSH is down. Screen shows
Code:
May 28 21:04:43 freenas reboot: rebooted by root
Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system process 'vnlru' to stop... done
Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system proces 'bufdaemon' to stop... done
Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system process 'syncer' to stop... done
Syncing disks, vnodes remaining... 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 done
All buffers synced.
▋

This is where I'm stuck. I know I probably shouldn't have rebooted but I'm used to linux not bsd and this is OK for what I normally do. I'm not a storage admin, this is for home use. I have offsite backups in various places but they're very likely not up to date. What are the chances that my data is trashed? Is this recoverable?
Thanks.

I didn't want to do that until I was sure there wasn't another option. I don't know where buffer syncing is at in the shutdown process.

D

dlavigne

It looks like the OS has finished its shutdown sequence but for some reason the hardware did not get the signal to shut off.