System crashed at 3am - no signs of life

Status
Not open for further replies.

shnurov

Explorer
To my surprise this morning coming into the studio and trying to open a project - server disconnected! :(

System concerned: the c2750d4i with 32gb ram + lsi card.

Tried logging in the console - no luck, IPMI - no luck.
Upon entering the server room - I discovered that it's off and when I press the start button the fans spin up to 100%, then 15s later set in at 55% as configured in the BIOS -upon which everything just shuts down within a minute - no IPMI connection, no FreeNAS console. At this point - if I press the power button again, I don't get anything - I have to turn off/on the PSU to be able to start up again. I tried changing PSU's - no luck there.
All this time the little green LED's on the board are 'on', that's odd because usually the IPMI one is 'flashing' when operation is normal.

I did receive some alarms about the CMOS battery dying - well I changed that. No luck.
Took out all the 'extra' stuff: UPS USB, LSI card, fans, 3 sticks of ram. Still nothing.

I have my home backup server - with a C2550D4I board in it - will try to swap the boards to see if that's the issue...

Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:

nojohnny101

Wizard

shnurov

Explorer
I have been running the latest OS version of FreeNAS for a while.

If it is the case - RMA to ASRock is the only solution correct?

Last edited by a moderator:

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
I have been running the latest OS version of Freenas for a while.

If it is the case - RMA to ASRock is the only solution correct?

This is why DrKK only uses SuperMicro. :)

shnurov

Explorer
:(
Okay - I got this back in 2015 - my needs are much larger now - any recommendations for a mid-range board + CPU ?
I have a huge case, so it fits everything up to eATX...

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
I run, and am very happy with an X11SSM-F

yottabit

Contributor
Which CPU do you run in that board? And have you ever done any transcoding streams with Plex in a jail by chance? Considering this board with a 4/8 E3 Xeon.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

shnurov

Explorer
Something that supports my Crucial DDR3 ECC RAM from the ASRock board that I currently have 32GB of.

I don't transcode - only jail I have is MiniDNLA to show short videos to my clients.
I mostly need good SMB performance for multiple users (up to 4) for small read/write (20mb photos).

Stux

MVP
Depending on your time criticality it might be best to just RMA your failed asrock c2750. All Avoton manufacturers have extended the warranties because of this failure (afaik)

Last edited:

nojohnny101

Wizard
Depending on your time criticality it might be best to just RMA your failed asrock c2750. All Avoton manufacturers have extended the warranties because. This failure (afaik)

Agreed. Manufacturers for the most part have been stepping up. If nothing else, you can get it back then sell it or repurpose it as a backup if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.