Did my C2750d4i die?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hungarianhc

Patron
Hi All,

After two years of being a great FreeNAS mobo, I'm thinking my C2750d4i might be dead, but I want to see if there's something I'm missing.

How I got here...
Had a a baby. Baby learned to crawl. Baby learned to walk. Baby learned to push the power button on my server to toggle that really fun LED. Baby did that quite a few times... Normally I'd just power it back on if I found it off, but when I did that the other day, all the lights came on, the fans spun up, the drives spun, but... typing in the IP address for my FreeNAS system didn't get me anywhere.

What I've done to troubleshoot...
  • I plugged the IPMI port into ethernet. I can still log into IPMI. yay! I saw I had an older revision of the IPMI firmware. Was able to upgrade it. That was easy. Yay! However, the remote window that shows screen output just says "Host is Powered OFF or in Sleep Mode." That can't be good.
  • Upgraded the firmware
  • Did a CMOS reset - unplugged the computer. Pulled out the CMOS battery. Held down power button for 30 seconds. But Battery back in. Turned on computer.
Well... what else can I do to troubleshoot? I'm definitely not ready to plunk down for another motherboard, but maybe that's what I have to do. Is there anything else that might be wrong? Thanks!

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Do a quick search through the forums. This is a widely known issue and you will need to replace the mobo (should still be covered under the warranty)

hungarianhc

Patron
Do a quick search through the forums. This is a widely known issue and you will need to replace the mobo (should still be covered under the warranty)
Haha - thanks for letting me know. I searched earlier, and I wasn't getting anywhere. I think I must have been searching for the wrong terms. Just searching for "C2750D4I replacement" got me all that I needed to see. Bummer it's dead, but yeah - 3 year warranty. Sweet. Already submitted to form on the ASROCK site. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.