SOLVED Syncthing synchronizes data that I do not see

IndieCoopz

Explorer
Hello, before I go completely insane here I try to tell you my problem:

I installed Syncthing on SCALE. Syncthing is using ID 568 (user and group), so i set modify permissions on my desired dataset "pictures" for both of them.
Then i set the host paths. Now syncthing is running and shows me that everything is fine, all tasks are completed and synced. But in the corresponding paths there is no data!?

An example:

As you can see heres the Path for Telegram videos:
1692000453842.png

In syncthing it is claimed that data has been copied and everything is up to date:
1692000611788.png

But when i check my smb share, there is no data in it:
1692000733660.png

These are my ACLs for the corresponding volume and benjamin is my user with whom i access the directory via smb :
1692000838114.png

In Windows Properties / Security Tab i can see the permissions and i have access on my folder.

So it seems to be crazy but syncthing seems to sync anything but effective nothing.

I already deleted the whole app incl. settings, set the permissions again (of course recurively) but i cant see anything?

What im doing wrong here? I dont get it...

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
If you go to that path with the shell on the host, what do you see? are the files really there?

IndieCoopz

Explorer
Wenn Sie diesen Pfad mit der Shell auf dem Host aufrufen, was sehen Sie dann? Sind die Dateien wirklich dort?
Thanks for the tip, but im glad that im not crazy, the directory is empty^^

1692006529234.png

I recognized that i dont need to set dataset permissions for the apps user when the bin user is already authorized, is this correct? do we need to set no app permissions anymore as long as we authorized bin app and group on a dataset? At the moment i have both permissions on that dataset.

So for now it seems that TN did nothing wrong, but Syncthing does. The permissions are there, since syncthing did not complain.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
the directory is empty^^
OK, so I've seen cases where the host path mapping fails and you end with another directory inside the container instead...

If you connect to the container shell, can you find the files there?

IndieCoopz

Explorer
OK, so I've seen cases where the host path mapping fails and you end with another directory inside the container instead...

If you connect to the container shell, can you find the files there?
It seems that the directory is also empty:
1692010158168.png

The problem is, that syncthing dont sync anything at all. I delete Telegram Videos on my TN Share and let the Videos remain on my phone directory, and syncthing still claims that all is done altough i did set up a sync in both ways. so either the files get deleted or they will be copied back in the directory where i deleded the files, but nothing happened. i restarted syncthing several times.

What about the permission thing? do i need to permit the "Bilder" (pictures) dataset with bin user and group and apps user and group also to get the right permissions? Or is apps obsolete because i already permit bin?

sretalla