Syncing between NAS disks

Lorne

Dabbler
I have a 4Tb disk about 75% full of video files in a TrueNAS setup shared between Windows and Android devices. I want to create an auto backup for the disk so that as I add files a copy is stored on another disk in the NAS. I have 1 x 2Tb + 2 x 1Tb disks available for this. I am assuming I can't stripe the 3 smaller disks to a single 4Tb setup and raid that with the 4Tb disk so I I need some kind of real time sync which I want to run on the NAS (not a connected computer). I need to select which folders sync to which disk to balance out the 3Gb of data between the 3 smaller BUP disks but as far as I can see reading up about syncthing that is not an option.

Am I right that syncthing can't select folders and sync between one disk and 3 different specified disks in the NAS ?

It does look like Rsync might do the task but there is no option to select multiple folders so I will have to setup 100+ syncs (1 for each folder) in 3 separate groups to sync to the 3 disks, or stripe the 3 disks so I can sync the dataset folder. This runs the risk (not catastrophic as it is a backup) that 1 disk failure loses the whole lot so I am checking if this is my only option.

What is the best way (other that buying a second 4Tb disk !) to achieve what I want ?

sretalla