Syba - Dual Port NIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majik

Dabbler
Hey guys. Don't know how many of you have tested the Syba - SY-PEX24028 dual port nic but i thought because I took a chance on them I would let you know the results. So I built a new system and originally was going to purchase a quad port nic. Price point they were around $500 for the one i was looking at. I happened to stumble across the Syba ones but it only came in a dual port. Both are obviously running 1gig but price point was a huge difference. The Syba was going for $36 each so I figured even after buying 2 (if it would work at all) it is 1/4 the price and very similar stats. I installed them with a fresh install of Freenas 9.2.0 and they worked perfect right from the start. I have been running them now for a few weeks without a glitch........yet. One thing I was very skeptical on with them is that I sent an email to the manufacturer and questioned their functionality in a NAS and a Unix or Linux setup and they said it had not been tested in anything but a windows environment. Thankfully all is good and at this point I would recommend these is you want to jack up the redundancy and data to you NAS and peripherals.

Status
Not open for further replies.