Supermicro vs Gigabyte LGA2011 board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ishi Carter

Dabbler
So...I'm 95% sure my ASRock C2750D4i board is dead and not under warranty (1.5 years old). I worked with William Lee at ASRock who has been a super helpful support guy for the two times I contacted them, and like other threads here about the board, it sounds like the temp sensor is dead (IPMI reports CPU high temp, board has power-but won't start, heatsink cool to the touch).

I'm looking for a replacement, but I don't really want to have to re-buy the ECC DDR3 (4x8 Kingston DDR3 1600 w/ Hynix chips) memory, so I don't mind going a little older on the tech (there is a point where you go so old that it's actually WAY more expensive...so I'm trying to avoid that).

I was really going to spring for a Supermicro X9SRi-F or a X9SRL-F (I haven't checked memory compatibility yet), but I see a lot of reports of these boards having their memory slots failing...and their end-user customer support sounds pretty bad. I only have four sticks of memory (I don't see a need to upgrade past 32g of memory)...so even if some of them fail, that may be ok?.

The only other alternative I really saw that was not Supermicro (or ASRock) was the Gigabyte 6PXSV4 . I searched the forums for that model, but got no hits.

Any thoughts on direction?

Status
Not open for further replies.