Supermicro MBD-X8SI6-F supported?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucifer

Cadet
I'm about to build a new system for fn, and I would like to use this board. (http://www.supermicro.com/xeon_3400/Motherboard/X8SIE.cfm?IPMI=Y&TYP=SAS)
It has an onboard LSI SAS 2008 controller, and dual Intel 82574L network ports.
Is this board supported in the latest fn build? If not, when will it be?
The SAS controller is the important part, I can add a network card if the onboard ones aren't supported yet.
I will flash the controller with IT firmware, as I don't need the raid functions.

Thank you,

Lucifer

Cadet
I had a look at the hardware compability list, but I couldn't find the SAS controller..
If anyone has some more info, please share.
I would really like to use this board with freenas.

Thank you,

napandee

Cadet
I had a look at the hardware compability list, but I couldn't find the SAS controller..
If anyone has some more info, please share.
I would really like to use this board with freenas.

Thank you,

I googled the SAS controller info and found some posts of ppl using that controller in Freebsd however not "out of the box". It seems that the users that has got it working has installed extra/optional drivers for it.
And reading on Supermicros list i supplied the board you are talking about is listened as: SATA (without RAID, IDE enhance mode) for the controller
Since I dont have access to that board I can however only speculate....

You best bet is to ask this question in the Freebsd forum...

Any LSI 2008 controller (onboard Supermicro or LSI 9211-4i/8i) is supported in FreeNAS 8 out-of-the-box. Just flash it with latest IT-firmware.

Lucifer

Cadet
Any LSI 2008 controller (onboard Supermicro or LSI 9211-4i/8i) is supported in FreeNAS 8 out-of-the-box.

Thanks for sharing, but may I ask where you got this info?

David

Lucifer

Cadet
I've tested several server platforms with Supemicro (USAS2-L8e and onboard LSI 2008) and LSI (9211-4i, 8i) controllers.

Great, then I will buy the board.
One last question, was the LSI 2008 controller fully functional in fn when you applied the IT firmware? No problem spinning down disks, reading HDD temp, etc. ?

Thanks,

D.

Status
Not open for further replies.