Supermicro 504-203B screws for mainboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

urobe

Contributor
Hey there,

I bought a used supermicro 504-230b case for a intel atom that is currently in a desktop case.

The only problem I have now, is that there is nothing but a whole where the screws for the mainboard go.
I checked the website and I couldn't find a screw set to buy and the standard holders ( https://img.conrad.de/medias/global/ce/3000_3999/3100/3160/3162/978703_LB_00_FB.EPS_1000.jpg ) don't work.

Any suggestion where I can find the right set of screws?

-Tobi

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
pixel.gif

This was the result of searching the Supermicro website
for that number.

KEYWORD(s): 504-230b No result found

The chassis should have the correct number either
on, or inside the box somewhere. Tech support may
be able to look up the specs of the standoff posts
but you will need to give them the proper number.

wblock

Documentation Engineer
There are numerous variations of those standoffs, different heights and internal and external threading. If you have a local computer store, start there. Find the threads that easily fit into the case holes, then put a few in, place the motherboard on them, and see if the motherboard I/O connectors line up with the holes in the I/O shield.

Otherwise, it's possible to contact Supermicro by email. The last time I did that, they did respond, although it was a week or so later.

urobe

Contributor
Sorry, I misspelled it in the thread. In the title is the correct type: supermicro 504-203b. But I'll follow your advise and email them.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Things to pay attention to:
  • Standoff thread: 6-32 or M3
  • Screw thread: 6-32 or M3
  • Standoff length

Status
Not open for further replies.