Stuttering Video, Transfering files drops to 0KB/S

Status
Not open for further replies.

guldan

Dabbler
So today I was watching a TV show over the network and it was stuttering.. So I log into freenas, everything is "healthy".. weird. I try and play the video from a seperate PC and it stutters as well.. ok then it must be freenas.

I start transfering a file to freenas and the speed is extremely erratic it goes from 18-22 MB/S down to 88kb/s 44kb/s then 0kb/s and just sits there.. ??

There is nothing happening on my network at all, what could be causing freenas to literally halt transfers? I'm more then a bit concerned.

gpsguy

If you want help, you'll need to provide more information.

What are the spec's on your machine, esp. CPU, memory, NIC? Are you using ZFS? If so, which type? How are the components networked. Gigabit Ethernet, wired, wireless? How full is your array?

ProtoSD

MVP
If you want help, you'll need to provide more information.

What are the spec's on your machine, esp. CPU, memory, NIC? Are you using ZFS? If so, which type? How are the components networked. Gigabit Ethernet, wired, wireless? How full is your array?

He's been banned for 24 hours for not providing that information. Come on people! We don't have crystal balls! (mine are gold :D ). READ THE FORUM RULES, they're there to help make things run smoothly and not waste peoples time! I'm tired of every new thread starting off with asking for details, and we have to keep coaxing them out of people!

Thank you @gpsguy!

Status
Not open for further replies.