Stuck with snapshot in ui but they can’t be found (error) for replication.

Wouterplop

Dabbler
Hello,

I am currently using Truenas bleufin and I have 2 systems running.
Main nas and backup nas.
I am stil experimenting with replication but after looking at different youtube videos i got it running for 1 time but then I get different kind of errors.

When I try to run the pull replication task on the backup system an error pops up in the task. I am getting an error about skipping dataset main machine ……. because it was created after the destination snapshot. ok so I go to my main web ui and login and got to snapshot and see indeed there is a snaphot there and when trying to delete it it says snapshot not found. How is this possible? Is there a known bug in de web ui? I can’t seem to find the solution. I am not going to rebuild the pool because there are many many child datasets involved for easy backup and sharing.

Let me know if anybody has the same problem. Or how they deleted there snaphots that are not found.

Attachments

• IMG_0034.png
    IMG_0034.png
    768.1 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0032.png
    IMG_0032.png
    950.7 KB · Views: 78
  • TrueNAS - 10.100.1.95 2.pdf
    87.6 KB · Views: 67
  • TrueNAS - 10.100.1.95.pdf
    86.1 KB · Views: 93
  • TrueNAS - 10.100.1.95 3.pdf
    84.8 KB · Views: 70

slis

Cadet
Hey @Wouterplop
were you able to solve this?
I've done a search in snapshots where two screens of results were returned, clicked on the 'select all' box above the first result and hit DELETE. The first screen of snapshots got deleted, but the whole second screen returns 'not found'. I suppose the deletion command wiped the whole search result in terms of snapshots, but the UI records for the second screen of results stayed. I now have 9 snapshots that I can't delete from the UI as they are 'not found' on the filesystem.

Wouterplop

Dabbler
Hey @Wouterplop
were you able to solve this?
I've done a search in snapshots where two screens of results were returned, clicked on the 'select all' box above the first result and hit DELETE. The first screen of snapshots got deleted, but the whole second screen returns 'not found'. I suppose the deletion command wiped the whole search result in terms of snapshots, but the UI records for the second screen of results stayed. I now have 9 snapshots that I can't delete from the UI as they are 'not found' on the filesystem.
Hello Slis,

Well i am not sure anymore! It’s been a while and I changed the system a few times and stopped trying actually. I still having issues with replication from one system to the other. Now i did change 1 thing in the naming sheme and maybe that’s what it wil fix it. The whole setup is sometime just a bit confusing if you haven’t built up the software. The words keep it simpel isn’t there. Yeah you can use no advanced option but then its not a full replication if i am correct.

I wil try to fix this in the future to pull from the main nas.

I recently purchased an hpe dl360 sff gen 9 and I have to figure out wich lsi hba i need because my p440ar isn’t an option as i have been reading. So I got my 3 of my 4 3,5 disk hooked up to the old pc and 3x 2,5 disk and replicate as a push on the same machine to the new pool and with these settings. Picture added! You can try these settings and see if it works. Especially the part in the replication task “Matching regular expression”
and use .* so a dot and a star. Then there where no errors from the pull.

I also encountered some issues with my backup-backup nas I was using before that had a realtec nic who occasionally stopped working.

I cant remember if i went in the truenas shel and deleted those snapshot manually.

If its helpfull please let me know:)

Attachments

• IMG_2084.jpeg
    IMG_2084.jpeg
    37 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2083.jpeg
    IMG_2083.jpeg
    39.5 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2082.jpeg
    IMG_2082.jpeg
    36.5 KB · Views: 45
Last edited: