Strange behavior after updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z300M

Guru
I think I have the sequence of events correct.

With FreeNAS 8.0.1 Release I had email reporting and the graphical reports (RAM and CPU usage, etc.) working OK.

After upgrading to 8.0.2 Release email reporting no longer worked, and I don't recall whether the graphical reporting worked initially or not; it definitely did not work toward the end.

Yesterday I tried updating to the then-latest nightly (FreeNAS-8.2-r8620-amd64.GUI_Upgrade.xz), which somebody suggested might be able to display the CPU temperatures from the command line. This resulted in a horrible mess: I could access the NAS box from Firefox, but all I got was one little System icon. ls /mnt/ from the command line showed none of my drives.

I reinstalled FreeNAS 8.0.2 Release and uploaded a saved config file. Now my drives are visible again and the email reports are working again, but the graphs on the Reporting page are all still blank.

Z300M

Guru
I recalled that I had recently updated the BIOS on this Asus F1A75-V Pro motherboard from 1103 to 1501 (which had enabled the machine to boot with an IDE card installed; with the 1103 BIOS it would simply hang with a cursor blinking in the top left corner). Reverting to the 1103 BIOS has cured this absence of the usage graphs, as well as the galloping date-and-time problem that I reported in the Bugs forum. Of course I have had to remove the IDE card again, but I'll just have to live without those old small drives until Asus comes up with a non-crappy BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.