State of clustering in Scale

Rand

Guru
Hi
sorry if this has been discussed before, not too active here any more.

I was looking into Proxmox/Ceph vs TNS/Gluster (+X) clustering today (as a potential replacement for VMWare vSan) and found this:

Does that mean that (at the current point) the Clustering feature on TNS (a long awaited feature for me) is basically dead?
Or that its only dead for TC3.0 and can be done manually until a fixed version of TC is available?

I see that Gluster in the documentation is mainly pointing at SMB (which probably would not be what I am looking for in the first place), so thats causing some extra confusion. I originally thought that TNS would basically provide a Gluster overlay on several pools on multiple hosts that I then could use to share out NFS for example, but maybe I misunderstood that or its still wip.

Thanks,
cheers

probain

Patron
Apparently they're working on something to replace gluster. But they haven't announced what *yet*. We will just have to wait and see

_Dejan_

Cadet
Hi,
Im also think to switch from one node Proxmox server(Ome VM's and virtualized TrueNAS VM) to TrueNAS Scale Cluster to get redundancy... When Im try make cluster with test VM's Im find that Clustering in TrueCommand is deprecated and will be removed in future releases...
Im install TrueCommand version 2.2 but doesn't work corectly... Im add nodes and when I try create cluster it spin at "registering peers" and do nothing...
So question which I have right now is:
Is possible cluster storage over 2-3 hosts and use this storage for VM's(VM's will be distributed over hosts to balance CPU&RAM usage), "Docker" and SMB? If not I have another question why TrueNAS Scale have in name "Scale" if do not offer it?