SSSD Could not start TLS - AFP Authentication

Status
Not open for further replies.

monogrant

Dabbler
I've got a new 9.3 VM running and have copied my known good LDAP settings from another 9.2 VM. 9.3 removes the option for password encryption so I'm suspecting this is the issue.

I'm able to get all users and groups, but no authentication.

When I connect to the AFP and authenticate the authorization fails. On the console and in /var/log/messages
Jan 30 10:09:17 mplsnewbiz sssd[be[WHITE]]: Could not start TLS encryption. unsupported extended operation
And in the /var/log/auth.log file I do see an error about authentication:
Jan 30 10:09:17 mplsnewbiz afpd[3921]: authentication failure; logname=root uid=0 euid=0 tty=afpd ruser=grantgriffith rhost=10.0.30.149 user=grantgriffith

Jan 30 10:09:17 mplsnewbiz afpd[3921]: received for user grantgriffith: 12 (authentication information is unavailable)

D

dlavigne

Are you upgraded to the latest STABLE? IIRC, a similar bug was fixed recently. If updating does not fix the error, create a bug report at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here.

monogrant

Dabbler
Yes. I just updated this morning and the issue persists. Having issues getting logged into bugs and activating an account. I'll follow up here with a number if I can get in.

UPDATE: To confirm, this issue appears in FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201501241715

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.