SSL Certificate not Listed in System > General > Certificate:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pircs

Cadet
I have created an SSL certificate using 'Create Certificate Signing Request' and then pasting the externally signed certificate to the CSR. FreeNAS recognizes the certificate in System > Certificates with valid Name, Issuer, Name, and Period. FreeNAS does not show the certificate in System > General so that it may be used for HTTPS.
I have logged into the server via SSH and verified that the certificate is located in /etc/certificates. I have validated the certificate via 'openssl x509 -text -in certificate.crt'. I see no errors in the log indicating a problem. What must I do to make the certificate available in System > General?

Build FreeNAS-9.10.2-U4 (27ae72978)
Platform Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU D2700 @ 2.13GHz
Memory 8118MB

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Just out of curiosity, do you *REALLY* have 8GB of RAM?

The Intel "ark" page says the D2700 Atom from years ago maxes out at 4GB. Just wondering if you really have 8GB, which wouldn't surprise me, because these days half the stuff on the ark page seems wrong.

As for your actual question, in the GUI under System->Certificates (not system->CA), your certificate is, or is not, listed?

Pircs

Cadet
Yes, 8GB is in use on the system. It is a Thecus N4800 chassis. It's been very stable.

Yes, I do have the certificate in System->Certificates. All the certificate information is populated there.

My problem is that it is not in the drop down menu at System->General for the Certificate field. So I am unable to assign it for use for HTTPS.

D

dlavigne

Please create a bug report at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here.

Pircs

Cadet
Bug #24272
SSL Certificate Does not Populate to the System->General Page; Certificate: Drop-down

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Bug #24272
SSL Certificate Does not Populate to the System->General Page; Certificate: Drop-down
This is such an unlikely thing to be wrong. I mean, if this didn't work, we'd have jihad immediately. I wonder what is unique about your system that is causing this.

Pircs

Cadet
I agree. Unfortunately I'm not really sure where to start poking around to determine the issue. Where should I be looking for tells?

Pircs

Cadet
I exported the certificate and private key, saved them, and used 'import certificate' to import them again under a new name. That worked (And is a work-around for anyone encountering this bug)

Mugiwara

Dabbler
I exported the certificate and private key, saved them, and used 'import certificate' to import them again under a new name. That worked (And is a work-around for anyone encountering this bug)
I can confirm this is a thing in freenas11.
upload_2017-6-17_20-15-22.png

upload_2017-6-17_20-15-53.png

Nas_Cert was a CSR created through the GUI and completed. nascert was an export of that exact same private key and cert from freenas, and a reimport. I see nascert in the dropdown after the export/import, but Nas_Cert is missing. Thanks for the tip to make it work Pircs

Status
Not open for further replies.