SSH with directory user not working

francisaugusto

Contributor
Hi,
I just migrated from Core to Scale, my main motivation for migration being better directory/kerberos support. I wasn't disappointed: while I never managed to mount nfsv4 shares with kerberos with Core, it just worked on Scale without me doing anything.
But something weird is happening: I can't ssh to truenas with a domain user. The password always gets rejected. And while kerberos work for mounting nfsv4 shares, it doesn't seem to work with ssh either.
Is there anything I need to enable to allow a user to ssh to trueness?

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Hi,
I just migrated from Core to Scale, my main motivation for migration being better directory/kerberos support. I wasn't disappointed: while I never managed to mount nfsv4 shares with kerberos with Core, it just worked on Scale without me doing anything.
But something weird is happening: I can't ssh to truenas with a domain user. The password always gets rejected. And while kerberos work for mounting nfsv4 shares, it doesn't seem to work with ssh either.
Is there anything I need to enable to allow a user to ssh to trueness?
Can you PM me a debug please? This should be working now (was an issue with PAM configuration in some earlier releases).

francisaugusto

Contributor
It works now by adding "UsePAM yes" to the sshd_config, thanks to the help of @anodos