SSD zPool and ESXi iSCSI Datastore

gokou340

Cadet
Hello all,
I've just setup my FreeNAS(11.2-U4.1), on a Dell R620 with "onboard" Dual Gigabit and Dual 10GbE ports. I have an H310 Mini that was flashed to IT mode. I have one SSD zPool with 3 400GB(MO0400FCTRP), which provides storage via iSCSI to an ESXi 6.7U2 host and I'm noticing high utilization and high TRIM requests on the disks. I found the following thread: https://www.ixsystems.com/community/threads/ssd-pool-trim-missbehaving.55221/, but that was from 2 years ago and wasn't sure if there was any improvements I can make.

When looking at the TRIM stats, in under a week, it has done 3.5TBs, and I constantly get emails about 95% utilization for over 10 minutes that tracks with high TRIM requests.

Is there any changes I should make on my setup?

Side note: This is just a home lab, and I can be destructive to try any type of solution.

If I left out any information, please let me know!

Thank you!

gokou340

Cadet
Update: I created a new zPool with just a 500GB Evo 860, and it does not have this behaviour that the other zPool does. I have tried to destroy and rebuild the zPool, and the issue still occurs. I am currently wiping the drives with 0s and will try again after that.

More info about server:
Dell R620
CPU: 2x E5-2620L
RAM: 128GBs
Network: Intel(R) 2P X520/2P I350

Any help or suggestions are welcome :)