SQLlite error on startup - failing to import pools

englishm

Dabbler
So, first some background:

Upgraded to 23.10.2 from 23.10.1.3, and immediately experienced failed replication to a backup drive (read-only error on backup pool). Posted about this here and was suggested to downgrade back to 23.10.1.3, which I did. Backup replication problem solved, however....

While at 23.10.2 I migrated my Main data pool from 4X 2Tb RAIDZ1 to 6X 4Tb RAIDZ2. Before replacing and migrating the MAIN pool drives, I moved the system dataset to the boot pool, where it sits now. (I intended to move it back to the MAIN pool after completing the migration). By all accounts this migration was successful, all data appears intact, no errors noted, etc. Both pools imported automatically on reboot after the migration while at 23.10.2

This pool/disk configuration did not exist when the system was originally at 23.10.1.3 before the upgrade to 23.10.2. (this may or may not be significant).

After the downgrade, with the new pool/disk configuration, whenever I reboot the system, both the MAIN data pool and the Backup pool fail to import on startup. When I try to import them manually I receive this rather ominous error message:

"(sqlite3.IntegrityError) UNIQUE constraint failed: storage_volume.vol_name [SQL: INSERT INTO storage_volume (vol_name, vol_guid) VALUES (?, ?)] [parameters: ('Backup', '6159198890123375576')] (Background on this error at: https://sqlalche.me/e/14/gkpj)" (This same error message occurs when importing the MAIN pool as well).

Eventually, both pools import manually, or so it seems. Data appears intact, all apps and shares work, zpool status says all is good.... until I reboot again.

Diagnosing, let alone understanding this is way above my pay grade. What have I done wrong?

Last edited:

englishm

Dabbler
Solved. Found a post from a few years back. Simple fix… export (retaining configuration data), then re-import. Both steps using the GUI