SOLVED Spaces in SSL Cert filename hoses 9.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
So I just hosed my 9.3 Nightly. I did this by changing the HTTP to HTTPS in the nginx GUI. I created the certificate authority, then I created the certificate for the HTTPS, all in the GUI. Unfortunately, I chose a "name" for the certificate which caused there to be whitespace in the filename, and apparently, the way the /usr/local/etc/nginx/nginx.conf is set up, that white space is not escaped correctly? (Hard to tell, because it hosed me). There is a message in the "service nginx restart" stderr output, which states that the line involved in filename for the SSL certificate has "too many arguments", which further lends credence to my whitespace-not-escaped theory.

Even when I reboot the 9.3 image, I can't get the console to work because the part where it checks for the IP address for the GUI causes an endless loop, because nginx.conf never started.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
There have been a few bugs related to HTTPS certificates, but I don't think this one had been reported before. Sounds like it warrants a bug report...

cyberjock

Inactive Account
@DrKK

Per the devs, please submit a ticket for this.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
S

Suraj Ravichandran

I have just pushed a fix for this in the nightly.

Please try it. If you find anything wrong with it please get back with the error/traceback.

Your feedback is highly appreciated.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
I'll try it later. I have to reimage the box. I am sure you fixed it though---I looked at the diff, can't see why it wouldn't work.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Suraj:

I opened a new bug. Whitespace fixed, but now, single quotes is a parsing problem.

J

jkh

Both of those problems were fixed for the BETA - mind marking this as [SOLVED]?

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Alright, it's marked.

Status
Not open for further replies.