Space reporting

HANDLEric

Dabbler
Hello,

i'm new to FreeNAS, and I have a general question trying to make sense of the space utilization for a test pool I configured. The pool itself is ~800GB, and I have two volumes configured & both set with force size to pre-reserve the space. One is set at 300GB and the other set at 100GB, but looking in the display the free space for the volumes is greater that the available free space in the entire pool (and larger that the set volume size) and i'm not sure how that can be.

Just hoping someone can explain to me what i'm reading:

Storage.PNG

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer

HANDLEric

Dabbler
I reported the issue under NAS-101666 but somehow the version I selected didn't stick so it was immediately closed as "update my system". I cloned the issue with a comment saying that the version i'm running is FreeNAS-11.2-U4, hopefully it actually gets looked at.

The current issue number is: NAS-101672

D

dlavigne

It wasn't closed, just blocked asking for additional information. I'll relate the 2 tickets (which will close out your original one as a dupe).

HANDLEric

Dabbler
Oh, the status said "Blocked - Issue is blocked from further progress", I guess that was a little deceiving ;)

Thanks for your help

D

dlavigne

No worries, we're still getting used to the Jira workflows and resolutions. As of yesterday we had an "Need additional information" resolution but found out that messes up Jira's logic. We'll be figuring out how to add that back into the workflow to make it obvious that that is the reason for a block. Thanks for your patience!

HANDLEric

Dabbler
@Chris Moore Since we are on the subject, I was also looking at the CPU graphs and shouldn't the "% CPU" graph be tied to CPU Load and "CPU Time" time be tied to the CPU usage chart? It looks really backwards, also not sure how you can have 2500%

CPU.PNG

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
It looks really backwards, also not sure how you can have 2500%
I don't understand how the graph in the new GUI is reporting % on the CPU. It looks like a bug to me. It certainly isn't useful data.

HANDLEric

Dabbler
@Chris Moore If you compare the two graphs, the "CPU Time" would be feasible for the time table (IE: 3.07 User, 125.4 System, 1889.26 Idle, ect..) and the % CPU for load (2.25% used, 2.16% Used, 1.9% Used)

I really think the graphs are simply reversed somehow.