Someone here uses the Macrium Reflect for backup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ObiTobi

Patron
Hi,

someone here uses the software for Windows backup?
Once the backup starts after a few minutes, it breaks again. If I set destination to native Windows Server it works perfect.
Ma FreeNAS ist running - FreeNAS-9.10.1-U4 (ec9a7d3), NIC is 2 Ports Intel.

I think this has to do with oplocks but I have no more any idea what can I do :(

Code:
kernel oplocks = no
socket options = TCP_NODELAY
oplocks = no
level2 oplocks = no
blocking locks = no
locking = no
strict locking = no
veto oplock files = /*.doc/*.DOC/*.docx/*.DOCX/*.docm/*.DOCM/*.dotm/*.DOTM/*.xltm/*.XLTM/*.xltx/*.XLTX/*.xlsx/*.XLSX/*.xlsm/*.XLSM/*.xlsb/*.XLSB/*.xls/*.XLS/*.ppt/*.PPT/*.pst/*.PST/*.mdb/*.MDB/*.ldb/*.LDB/*.vsd/*.VSD/*.mpp/*.MPP/*.qbw/*.QBW/*.qbb/*.QBB/*.qbI/*.qbl/*.dxf/*.DXF/*.dwg/*.DWG/*.cdr/*.CDR/*.bak/*.BAK/*.ord/*.xlo/*.igs/*.ipt/*.ipj/*.slp/*.stp/*.opt/*.xli/*.stl/*.cur/*.sjb/*.log/*.LOG/*.sbs/*.iam/*.idv/*.pcbdoc/*.PcbDoc/*.PCBDOC/*.dbf/*.DBF/*.cdx/*.CDX/*.tmp/*.TMP/*.*.tmp/*.*.TMP/

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
Hi,

someone here uses the software for Windows backup?
Once the backup starts after a few minutes, it breaks again. If I set destination to native Windows Server it works perfect.
Ma FreeNAS ist running - FreeNAS-9.10.1-U4 (ec9a7d3), NIC is 2 Ports Intel.

I think this has to do with oplocks but I have no more any idea what can I do :(

Code:
kernel oplocks = no
socket options = TCP_NODELAY
oplocks = no
level2 oplocks = no
blocking locks = no
locking = no
strict locking = no
veto oplock files = /*.doc/*.DOC/*.docx/*.DOCX/*.docm/*.DOCM/*.dotm/*.DOTM/*.xltm/*.XLTM/*.xltx/*.XLTX/*.xlsx/*.XLSX/*.xlsm/*.XLSM/*.xlsb/*.XLSB/*.xls/*.XLS/*.ppt/*.PPT/*.pst/*.PST/*.mdb/*.MDB/*.ldb/*.LDB/*.vsd/*.VSD/*.mpp/*.MPP/*.qbw/*.QBW/*.qbb/*.QBB/*.qbI/*.qbl/*.dxf/*.DXF/*.dwg/*.DWG/*.cdr/*.CDR/*.bak/*.BAK/*.ord/*.xlo/*.igs/*.ipt/*.ipj/*.slp/*.stp/*.opt/*.xli/*.stl/*.cur/*.sjb/*.log/*.LOG/*.sbs/*.iam/*.idv/*.pcbdoc/*.PcbDoc/*.PCBDOC/*.dbf/*.DBF/*.cdx/*.CDX/*.tmp/*.TMP/*.*.tmp/*.*.TMP/
I use Macrium Reflect to backup my Windows PCs to a FreeNAS system running 9.10.1-U4 (ec9a7d3) and it works flawlessly...
What are you showing us in the code blocks? Auxillary parameters for the SMB service? If so, here is a screenshot of the relevant settings from my system:
smb-settings.jpg

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
Yes. I will try what happens if I set your parameter.

[EDIT]
No luck.
Do you have any different parameters for the share?

[/EDIT]
There's nothing unusual about my backup dataset or share settings...

Suggestion: make sure the Windows user account you use with Reflect exists on the FreeNAS server, and is a member of the group which owns the backup share on the FreeNAS server.

I run Reflect using the Windows Task Scheduler, where I specify a user account and password with such access.

ObiTobi

Patron
Now, my problem was here not FreeNAS. It was wrong Konfig on my pfSense (Router/ Firewall).
I did not have time for detailed analysis. I think something is wrong with my routing table

Status
Not open for further replies.