Some old hardware I have laying around, will it NAS?

This is really only to hold me over for a few weeks/months until I can build a proper Xeon-based NAS from parts. This would be my first NAS, just to experiment around with, low-stakes, no big deal if something breaks. I'm not new to Linux but am completely new to BSD and FreeNAS.
  • Motherboard: DFI LanParty P35. LGA775 socket, FSB 1333/1066. Intel P35 and ICH9R chipsets.
  • CPU: E4600 Core 2 Duo, 2.4 GHz, 2MB L2 cache, 800 MHz FSB, no virtualization support.
  • LAN: The onboard LAN is a Marvell 88E8053 gigabit (I see this on the FreeBSD hardware list)
  • SATA: Six SATA ports via the ICH9R southbridge.
  • Video: No onboard video, so it'll be whatever I can find that's cheap enough to get me to the BIOS screen.
  • RAM: It's got two sticks of 2GB DDR 800 G.SKILL F2-6400CL5D-2GBNQ. I can buy two more on eBay for cheap, so that would be 8GB, which is all that the CPU and motherboard will take.
  • Hard drives: I've got three old 1TB drives, Seagate Barracudas, 7200 RPM SATA, that have been sitting in the closet unused.
  • Case: Rosewill RSV-R4000.
So it's all really old, but it's basically free as it's all just sitting there. Will it NAS?

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
It will but you will be somewhat disappointed in it's performance. I wouldn't use it for anything more than a test system to get to know FreeNAS.