*Some* folders not showing up in CIFS share

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrodder

Dabbler
This has me scratching my head. I've had a CIFS share working for maybe 18 months or so. Recently upgraded to 9.1.1, not sure if it's related or not. For some reason, the share only shows one folder name, apparently empty when browsing via CIFS from windows. Files are there, verified by looking from ssh. Also, another weird thing is apparently my backups are still working by accessing share via UNC, but using windows explorer to that *same* UNC doesn't work.

I've tried starting and stopping CIFS, rebooting server, deleting and recreating the share. Other shares are functional, to the same storage, different ZFS dataset though. I am happy to provide any other pertinent information needed.

Something else of note, shared drive in Windows does show the proper amount of freespace, but browsing to the drive shows no contents other than a single folder name.

Any ideas?

jrodder

Dabbler
Unfortunately it resolved itself, I never found out why the issue happened. The only thing more annoying than a strange buggy issue is not being able to replicate it, and no cause/effect determined. I'm glad it went away however. Thanks for asking!

Status
Not open for further replies.