So overall it was a pleasant experience in doing both tasks. ✌

PJ_NAS

Cadet
Long Time lurker, I finally pulled the triggers on updating my HP Gen8 Micro Server and Update to TrueNAS from FreeNAS.
Both have been rock Solid for years. I backed up my settings and password. Dove into the info and how too's I could find.
I have a Stock Gen8 , G2020T @ 2.50GHz Pentium Version. I won it as a door prize at a Microsoft event 7-8 years ago?
I put 16 Gig ECC ram in it, added 4 3TB WD Red's , Booted FreeNAS and never looked back. YEARS.

Updated the ILO4 firmware from 2.40 to 2.76 latest one. Flash no problems and Also made the USBkey with the .486 files to update to latest BIOS, google :smile: is your friend, found ILO4 Keys and poached the latest SPP and applied it through ILO..as well ,trickery with the virtual iso CD/DVD rom media, It kept booting from the internal USB FreeNAS boot Key. after a few attempts I got the sequence correct and was able to run the interactive update No issues. (funny graphics).

Everything is cool but the ILO emm format issue, I'll fix next time around (downgrade & format, then Upgrade again. FIX!)
Now for the NAS portion. :cool:

After some RC1 action on the first couple Free to True updates , the 12.0 looked solid enough to me to do the Last update and sure after the reboot
I got POOLS -OFF-LINE ..YIKES!!
used the Shell to run
Zpool status -x, all healthy (YES)
Zpool upgrade -a
Let it run and after a reboot.. GOLDEN, (1 update for syncthing)

Been several Days of server hammering and its working perfect, Snapshots and shares all Good so NOW!
I've ordered a Xeon E3-1265L v2 for $48 free shipping.
2) 6TB 7200 HST's SATA Drives (i want to put them in Slot 1 & 2 ,ie, stata-3 ports)
HP P222 and SAS cable along with a 4 SATA-Drive EXT. SAS enclosure.
Once the 6TB's are in I'll add the 3's back in via the enclosure is my end goal.

YMMV :cool: (Gen8 Server, PFsense Micro-ITX, WorkStation -8th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-8086K limited-edition processor. , (Rock64 4Gig {Grafana,influxdb})
20201203_123237.jpg
20201203_123504.jpg 20201203_123547.jpg
ILO.jpg ilo_console.jpg ILO_VM.jpg