SOLVED Snapshots not displaying in 22.12.4

PhilD13

Patron
Updated to 22-12-4 and have noticed snapshots are no longer displaying.
The screen snapshot1 from a dataset shows they (4) exist for that dataset but when the link is selected there are none showing as seen in screen snapshot2.

When the button in the data protection periodic snapshot screen is selected the screen snapshot 2 opens and also shows none.

Anyone know why? Snapshots were setup as periodic snapshots - daily - kept for 1 week so there should be snapshots displayed

Attachments

• snapshot2-2023-10-04 093742.png
    snapshot2-2023-10-04 093742.png
    302.5 KB · Views: 131
  • snapshot1-2023-10-04 093636.png
    snapshot1-2023-10-04 093636.png
    55.8 KB · Views: 130
Does this show anything:
Code:
zfs list -t snap Pool1/Multimedia

PhilD13

Patron
results in
zsh: command not found: zfs
tried with user set to use bash and also from putty with same result.
Why I get zfs not found, I don't know

The issue does appear to have been because the session had apparently timed out and is improperly handled by not saying session timed out and switching to the login screen. Refreshing the page and logging in again brought the display back

Replace zfs with /usr/sbin/zfs:

Code:
/usr/sbin/zfs list -t snap Pool1/Multimedia

I think this has to do with PATH and a non-root admin user on SCALE.

PhilD13

Patron
Thanks, that worked and the sudo also worked. I tried sudo after I posted the first response even though I was logged in as the admin. That led me to think that the browser page session had timed out and though I could navigate anything requiring a valid session would not work.

I forgot I read somewhere that on new setups of scale they force an admin user to be setup and disable the root user automatically but the command line path for the admin user is incorrect from the shell and still defaults to the root user account.

PhilD13

Patron
Yes, I have 3 periodic snapshot tasks for 3 different datasets and when checking there is a current list for each. The lists also have returned to the GUI.
The cause of the missing information appears to have been because the session had timed out and was improperly handled by not saying session timed out and to login again.

The GUI backend webpage apparently partially works after a session timeout as I never noticed it was timed out until I tried to view if the periodic snapshot tasks were working properly and they were gone from view.

Refreshing the web page caused the login page to appear and logging in again brought the display back properly.