SMB Shares Issue

thebrochan

Cadet
I have my server setup with two drives (mirrored)

I have the shares setup on my windows desktop and then from there I access my files and move them around and delete. All of this worked when I was running FreeNAS 11.3.

I did a fresh install of TrueNAS last night and added my existing pools. I went through the documentation and followed the steps to enable the SMB shares and add it.

When trying to access the shares it works great, I can browse the directory and see all my files. When I go to delete, add or move files I get an error that says

"you require permission from unix user\root to make changes to this file"

I have gone through the forums and done google searches and nothing seems to be working. I either can't edit the files or I get login errors saying incorrect user name/password.

Please see attached for some screenshots of how things were setup. I have tried added new users to different groups, and still no luck...

I got to a point where I could login then, it asks for another login where it denies me.

Attachments

• acl.jpg
    acl.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 147
  • permissions.jpg
    permissions.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 153
  • Pools DAta.jpg
    Pools DAta.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 145
  • smb data.jpg
    smb data.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 150

thebrochan

Cadet
Gave up trying to set permissions. I copied all the data to another drive, deleted the entire pool/dataset. Recreated it with proper datasets, set permissions, data is copying over now and everything is working.

thebrochan

Cadet