SMB no such column: sharing_cifs_share.cifs_timemachine

Roeffus

Cadet
Hello everyone.

Something went wrong with my latest FreeNAS update (11.2-U3 -> 11.2-U4.1).
I think there was probably an update involved with the samba service where an extra column was added in the database.
I tried to revert the version, but strangely the error does not disappearo_O

This is what I tried:
It is not possible for me to start the samba service. When I try to start the service I got the following message (with debug mode on or when I use the CLI):

/usr/local/etc/rc.d/samba_server: WARNING: /usr/local/etc/smb4.conf is not readable

Because it is missing. When I place the default smb4.conf from the GitHub in this location the service starts but doesn't do anything.
I've read that the config is generated during boot, but I think the boot procedure crashes before it would create the config. When I try to list my samba shares it keeps on loading but will never list my shares.

However, when I try to list the shares in the legacy UI I get the following message:

Unable to load /api/v1.0/sharing/cifs/?parent=null status:500

and when I try to create a new share I get the following error:

Code:
Request Method: POSTRequest URL: http://whywouldiremovemylocalip/legacy/admin/sharing/cifs_share/add/Software Version: FreeNAS-11.2-U4.1 (e33ce960b8)Exception Type: ClientExceptionException Value: no such column: sharing_cifs_share.cifs_timemachine

Exception Location: /usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/client/client.py in call, line 454Server time: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 21:37:12 +0200

Environment:

Software Version: FreeNAS-11.2-U4.1 (e33ce960b8)
Request Method: POST
Request URL: http://192.168.2.56/legacy/admin/sharing/cifs_share/add/

Traceback:
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/handlers/exception.py" in inner
  42.             response = get_response(request)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in _legacy_get_response
  249.             response = self._get_response(request)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in _get_response
  178.             response = middleware_method(request, callback, callback_args, callback_kwargs)
File "./freenasUI/freeadmin/middleware.py" in process_view
  163.         return login_required(view_func)(request, *view_args, **view_kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/contrib/auth/decorators.py" in _wrapped_view
  23.                 return view_func(request, *args, **kwargs)
File "./freenasUI/freeadmin/options.py" in wrapper
  216.                 return self._admin.admin_view(view)(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/utils/decorators.py" in _wrapped_view
  149.                     response = view_func(request, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/views/decorators/cache.py" in _wrapped_view_func
  57.         response = view_func(request, *args, **kwargs)
File "./freenasUI/freeadmin/site.py" in inner
  143.             return view(request, *args, **kwargs)
File "./freenasUI/freeadmin/options.py" in add
  370.                     mf.save()
File "./freenasUI/middleware/form.py" in save
  55.         result = self.__save()
File "./freenasUI/middleware/form.py" in __save
  114.                     raise
File "./freenasUI/middleware/form.py" in __save
  109.                 return c.call(f"{self.middleware_plugin}.{self._middleware_action}", *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/client/client.py" in call
  454.             raise ClientException(c.error, c.errno, c.trace, c.extra)

Exception Type: ClientException at /legacy/admin/sharing/cifs_share/add/
Exception Value: no such column: sharing_cifs_share.cifs_timemachine

Request information

GET

No GET data

Variable Value __all__''cifs_path'/mnt/Nassieschijf/Share'cifs_name'test'cifs_comment''cifs_browsable'on'cifs_hostsallow''cifs_hostsdeny''selecAt_from'xattr_tdb'cifs_vfsobjects'streams_xattr'cifs_storage_task''cifs_auxsmbconf''__form_id'dialogForm_cifs_share'

FILES

No FILES data

COOKIES

Variable Value fntreeSaveStateCookie'root%2Croot%2F1%2Croot%2F1%2F10%2Croot%2F310%2Croot%2F71%2F72%2Croot%2F71%2F72%2F73%2Croot%2F71%2F72%2F73%2F138'csrftoken'********'sessionid'wpl7j0q0e1wbbgobl48iiaaz1yfsvc3k'

META

Variable Value

I've tried to find a similar problem on the forum without any results.
Is there an easy way to rebuild the database/add a column to the database? Or is there a repair command or other fix?

D

dlavigne

How did you try to revert exactly? A missing column usually means that a config from a newer version was applied to an older version.

Roeffus

Cadet
How did you try to revert exactly? A missing column usually means that a config from a newer version was applied to an older version.
I got this problem before I reverted. I tried to solve the problem by reverting to an earlier working version.