SMB folder list is always reloading

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceBoosteR

Guru
Hi all,

I do not know if this is FreeNAS or Windows related, but I hope this is the right place to post it.
I have a share which has around 300 subfolder (this is only an example, all other shares does behave the same, but with this one I can show it best). When I open that share, Windows 10 is taking up to 10 seconds to load the complete folder structure. But when I navigate through some folders and move back to that top level of the share, the folder structure is again reloading. First I see around 20 folders, and with time, the other folders how up.
This is very annoing and amkes it impossbiel to work through the folders, as you will loose for example the folder where you was working in (it isn ot marked blue any more).
How can I fix this, I do not remember having this on 9.x and 11.0 ...

-IceBoosteR

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Hi all,

I do not know if this is FreeNAS or Windows related, but I hope this is the right place to post it.
I have a share which has around 300 subfolder (this is only an example, all other shares does behave the same, but with this one I can show it best). When I open that share, Windows 10 is taking up to 10 seconds to load the complete folder structure. But when I navigate through some folders and move back to that top level of the share, the folder structure is again reloading. First I see around 20 folders, and with time, the other folders how up.
This is very annoing and amkes it impossbiel to work through the folders, as you will loose for example the folder where you was working in (it isn ot marked blue any more).
How can I fix this, I do not remember having this on 9.x and 11.0 ...

-IceBoosteR

Please generate a debug file and PM it to me. "System" -> "Advanced" -> "Save Debug"

IceBoosteR

Guru
Thanks, I have PMed you.

IceBoosteR

Guru
@anodos Did you had a chance to look into it, or is it too early to ask? :)

IceBoosteR

Guru
Think it was to early :O

IceBoosteR

Guru

IceBoosteR

Guru
Not yet. I'm kind of swamped with work right now. I'll try to look at it tomorrow morning.
Thank you for the answer. I am looking forward into your investigation and please, I did not want to annoy you :)

IceBoosteR

Guru
Hi @anodos
Do you have any news for us? :)

IceBoosteR

Guru

mysticmerlin

Cadet
I seem to have the exact same symptom with SMB shares with Mac OS X Sierra. It doesn’t happen on Mac OS X 10.9
Very weird

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.