SOLVED SMB denies my clients access to the folders since my vacation.

Hello dear fellow users.
I'm encountering a strange phenomenon. Normally to access my files on the freenas server a host pc has to mount them via samba. They are all linux machines. One has to open the terminal and type
sudo mount -t cifs //192.168.XXX.XXX/folder /mnt/folderonclientpc -o user=picard,vers=3.0
This always worked. I'm using freenas 11.3-U5.
So I went two weeks of holidays. I power off all the client machines, the NAS too. Came back. Booted the NAS, unlocked the pools and tried to access the files from the PC serving as my living room HTPC. It uses Linux Mint 20.2. I recalled the command from terminal history, so typos can't be the problem, but I received the error message:
Code:
mount error(13): Permission denied
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs) and kernel log messages (dmesg)

I tried several client machines around the house and they all get this error. That let me to think that something with freenas is wrong.

First research ambitions showed that the error means that freenas is blocking the clients. i already tried different versions of samba vers=1.0/2.1/2.0. I can access the GUI and I can ssh into freenas.

What can i do now?

Run pdbedit -L from a shell and make sure your user picard is listed.

Yes. He is listed. Meanwhile the problem is solved.
In the GUI I went to Accounts->Users->picard->Edit and gave him his password again and of course confirmed it. After that I clicked SAVE.
And was able to mount the shares again. I swear that is all I did.

Weird. It seems that his password was deleted somehow.
Nonetheless, thanks for your answer.