SMB ACL/Permissions Problem with macOS Finder Operations

• Thread starter DeletedUser080302028
  • Start date
D

DeletedUser080302028

I have a FreeNAS server with a single SMB share of a dataset I configured following the FreeNAS 11.3 - How to Set Up Windows SMB Shares video. I have only a basic understanding of ACLs, but I haven't had many problems over the past year and only connect to the server from a single macOS client.

I've been having issues over the past month with file transfers using Finder. The problem occurs when moving data within a dataset, moving data between datasets, and just deleting data from a dataset. The Finder error I receive when moving data between datasets states, "The Finder can’t complete the operation because some data in “[Directory Name]” can’t be read or written. (Error code -36)."

I believe the problem may be because of incorrectly-configured ACLs. This is how they look:

Screen Shot 2020-10-18 at 08.30.34.jpg

Running ls -l from macOS on any file in the dataset outputs:

Code:
-rwx------  1 [macOS User Account Name]  staff  5940 Aug 16  2018 [Path to File]

D

DeletedUser080302028

I'm sure there are individuals here who have more knowledge and experience on this topic than I do. It would be great to get some insight from the community on what this issue may be caused by.