Slow upload from iocage jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmcguire525

Explorer
I have a 200up/200down fiber connection... Ubiquiti USG Pro bridged to the ISP Gigacenter with PPPoE > Unifi Switch 16 POE > Cat6 > Freenas Server.

Running a speedtest through Ookla shows I'm getting the advertised bandwidth but when I try to stream a 52Mbps bitrate video file remotely through Plex I'm running into issues. My router is showing me that I'm only averaging ~40Mbps UP. I also tried streaming three 20Mbps bitrate video files simultaneously and always run into issues once the third one starts.

I'm trying to rule things out but am at a loss of where to start, any tips?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Running a speedtest through Ookla shows I'm getting the advertised bandwidth
That only means you can get that on the route to the test server. It says nothing about the route to whomever you're streaming to.

jmcguire525

Explorer
That only means you can get that on the route to the test server. It says nothing about the route to whomever you're streaming to.

I was testing from the server to the local isp. I think I've narrowed it down to an issue with Plex and/or vnet though because my DVR warden jail is able to stream 8+ 10Mbps HD streams simultaneously, possibly more but I ran out of client devices to test with.

Status
Not open for further replies.