Sickrage python upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

junior

Dabbler
Hello,
probably a silly question but how do you upgrade python inside sickrage plugin jail ?

I did pkg update and pkg upgrade but sickrage still sees python 2.7.8

python -V -> command not found.

I really need to upgrade python to resolve an issue with ssl connection to some website.

Thanks

D

dlavigne

Does pkg info|grep python show the version of python you are aiming for? If not, which version are you trying to upgrade to?

D

dlavigne

Does pkg info|grep python show the version of python you are aiming for? If not, which version are you trying to upgrade to?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
for most plugins, Python (or whatever) is called from the plugins PBI directory.
/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/bin/python2.7

I don't know an easy way to upgrade anything in there other than updating the PBI (which could ship updated dependencies).

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
mind pointing me to some info on the bug. I want to make sure it specifically needs an updated python, in most cases it needs py27-openssl built off a newer version of openssl (which I believe is already being done).

junior

Dabbler
pkg info|grep python
python27-2.7.9_1 Interpreted object-oriented programming language

And that's the version I want.

And if I followed

I've got
Python 2.7.8 (default, Dec 15 2014, 02:33:48)

So how I do it ?

The solution from sickrage github is to update python to 2.7.9

Is it possible to change the init file of sickrage to see the path of python27-2.7.9_1 ?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
pkg info|grep python
python27-2.7.9_1 Interpreted object-oriented programming language

And that's the version I want.

And if I followed

I've got
Python 2.7.8 (default, Dec 15 2014, 02:33:48)

So how I do it ?

The solution from sickrage github is to update python to 2.7.9

Is it possible to change the init file of sickrage to see the path of python27-2.7.9_1 ?
Editing the init sounds like a possible solution.
/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/etc/rc.d/sickrage

python dependencies you'll need can be gleaned here
https://github.com/josh4trunks/freenas-plugins/blob/master/ports/multimedia/sickrage/Makefile

####

But if this is a necessity, I can update the python version that comes with the sickrage plugin.

junior

Dabbler
Hello,

this is a necessity, there is a bug inside python 2.7.8 and ssl.

"Unable to connect to Rarbg provider: error [Errno 1] _ssl.c:510: error:14077438:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:tlsv1 alert internal error"

From sickrage forum the solution is to update python.

Thanks.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Hello,

this is a necessity, there is a bug inside python 2.7.8 and ssl.

"Unable to connect to Rarbg provider: error [Errno 1] _ssl.c:510: error:14077438:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:tlsv1 alert internal error"

From sickrage forum the solution is to update python.

Thanks.
OK, I hope to fix this tonight. is this only for sickrage or does this also affect sickbeard/couchpotato/ect...?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
the plugin built with update Python is in the repo. tell me if that works or not.

junior

Dabbler
Hello,

Thank you for the update. It works great !
All the problem are solved.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer

anpeters

Cadet
Thanks Joshua, that solved my Sickrage problem too :) I have the issue with Couchpotato, though, I was hoping you could update that as well? It seems to be related to sites using Cloudflare SSL, which requires SNI. This was apparently added in Python 2.7.9.

That also means that the problem probably exists with Sickbeard as well.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Thanks Joshua, that solved my Sickrage problem too :) I have the issue with Couchpotato, though, I was hoping you could update that as well? It seems to be related to sites using Cloudflare SSL, which requires SNI. This was apparently added in Python 2.7.9.

That also means that the problem probably exists with Sickbeard as well.
k, sounds like I'd need to update a bunch of these programs then if they're all affected.
I'll definitely get CP+SB done though

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
@anpeters
I rebuilt several of the plugins yesterday with python 2.7.9
I noticed some weren't working properly cause of SSL issues (SickBeard and HeadPhones). I think this is due to actual strict SSL cert checking by Python. the issue is freebsd doesn't include a root SSL cert store in a spot that Python looks.

going to look more into what our best solution is for this before I update the plugins in the repo.

Bill McCormick

Explorer
has anybody managed to solve this problem yet? I've recently been bit by this.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
has anybody managed to solve this problem yet? I've recently been bit by this.
I don't think this issue still exists? I've upgraded the bundled version of python since then, and include a cert store python can use.

Bill McCormick

Explorer
I *think* I've done all the python upgrades I should, and I think the issue is not cert related. Seems to be that my python install is linked with an older openssl:

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/openssl/binding.py", line 230, in _verify_openssl_version
"You are linking against OpenSSL 0.9.8, which is no longer "
RuntimeError: You are linking against OpenSSL 0.9.8, which is no longer support by the OpenSSL project. You need to upgrade to a newer version of OpenSSL.
/

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I *think* I've done all the python upgrades I should, and I think the issue is not cert related. Seems to be that my python install is linked with an older openssl:

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/openssl/binding.py", line 230, in _verify_openssl_version
"You are linking against OpenSSL 0.9.8, which is no longer "
RuntimeError: You are linking against OpenSSL 0.9.8, which is no longer support by the OpenSSL project. You need to upgrade to a newer version of OpenSSL.
/
The sickrage plugin uses its own bundled python at /usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/bin/python2.7

What exactly is your error?

Status
Not open for further replies.