SOLVED SickChill from scratch 11.2-U4.1

Snow

Patron
With the the new 11.2U-4.1 I can not get a working jail of Fresh install of Sickchill for the Life of me. Any one else had any luck?
I have the old Warden Jail's ruing in the old UI, as I try to migrate all my jails over to the new UI Sickchill seems to not work with Iocage.
Has any one had any luck moving it over the new UI with a fresh install ? If so any Guidance would be awesome!

Last edited:

Snow

Patron
Sorry I had SickRage / SickChill Swapped witch I know is no longer working Sickrage that is.

Snow

Patron
Nope

Snow

Patron
;);););)

#Any thing with a #number sign#, hash# behind it does not get typed in to the shell.

#Back Up old SickRage && Sickchill so you have your shows and config (unless this is a freash install skip this step).

#Create a jail Name Sick Chill, Then Enable DHCP or create a static IP that is not in use, Also make sure to have auto start Cheeked.

#Add a user named sickrage ID as :816 and add it to the main group that owns your Media share.

#Stop the jail.

#Then add your storage from the jails screen click the three dots on the right and select mount points add your media so your jail can gain assess to your media.

#Restart the jail.

#Make sure to mark down what Ip address you got or set later you will need it.

#In the Jails window open the shell for your jail.

# Now you will Install the PKG and Update and Upgrade the jail.

#type this to update and upgrade.

pkg update & pkg upgrade

#Make sure to click yes If applicable.

#Then install theses packages.

pkg install lang/python27

pkg install security/ca_root_nss

pkg install databases/py-sqlite3

#Type this in after all pkg are installed.

pw useradd -n sickchill -c "SickChill" -s /sbin/nologin -w no

fetch https://github.com/SickChill/SickChill/archive/master.tar.gz

tar xfz master.tar.gz -C /usr/local/

# Look in usr/local/ for spelling of sickchill to make sure 1st line after /usr/local/ is spelled right, use command below.

cd /usr/local/

#use ll to see the spelling

ll

#cd .. twice then just cd

cd..

cd

#if spelling is ok then just type what is below.

mv /usr/local/SickChill-master /usr/local/sickchill # <----case correction if needed

chown -R sickchill:sickchill /usr/local/sickchill

mkdir /usr/local/etc/rc.d

# To Enable SickChill

sysrc -f /etc/rc.conf sickchill_enable="YES"

# Copy the init script where it's useful

cp /usr/local/sickchill/runscripts/init.freebsd /usr/local/etc/rc.d/sickchill

chmod +x /usr/local/etc/rc.d/sickchill

# Start the service

service sickchill start

#Edit Install nodejs if you are having cloud fair errors its a good idea to install this so the torrent site's do not think your client is a bot!

pkg install node && pkg install www/npm

#Navigate to your IP address & Port :8081 then if you have your old sickchill backup restore it with your old config in backups.

#Worked for me Good luck all

Last edited: