Share type changes from Apple to Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkroezinga

Dabbler
Hello

I have run into something weird on my FreeNAS box.
When I create a ZFS Dataset, like demonstrated in the howto-video's, and set Apple as Share Type, then set the Permission Type on the ZFS Dataset to Windows/Mac ACL and then open the Edit ZFS Options dialog, the Share Type is changed from Apple to Windows. I can't change it back to Apple.

I dont know if this a huge issue, but Carbon Copy Cloner complains about that the share is not ACL capable...

I made a test-share to reproduce the issue and it happens over and over again.

I am running FreeNAS-9.2.1.7-RELEASE-x64

Hope you can help!

With kind regards,
Geert

KempelofDoom

Explorer
I got this from a coworker that I know uses FreeNAS in this way.

You need to create a dataset and then I create a set of folders to share on the dataset.

Then share these with the AFP share settings. You select the folder you want to share as part of the folder sharing setup. FreeNAS will ask you if you want to enable the AFP sharing service as part of the sharing setup.

There are other steps that are dependent on how you are authenticating your users.

gkroezinga

Dabbler
That is what I did, but in the dataset settings, the share type changes.... And I can't change it back...

gkroezinga

Dabbler
Screenshots:

This window I get after clicking "Create ZFS Dataset", and I fill it in like this:
Screenshot 2014-10-03 12.05.08.png

After I click "Change Permissions" on the newly made dataset I get this window and its filled in like this:
Screenshot 2014-10-03 12.05.52.png

When I open the "Edit ZFS Options" I get this:
Screenshot 2014-10-03 12.06.17.png

Hope this helps,
With kind regards,
Geert

*edited because I found how to upload images*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.