Share Permissions for FTP (Filezilla)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimPhreak

Contributor
I've been searching around these forums for info on setting up shares to serve an FTP server (Filezilla) but everything I've found is about setting up FTP on the actual FreeNAS box itself. I'm not interested in this because I already a ton of user and groups setup on my current FTP Server running Filezilla Server.

Filezilla does not seem to work with traditional mapped drives but instead you have to use the shares shown in Network places. This isn't a problem as my shares are setup for Guest Access but I still can't configure aliases in Filezilla. What I'm reading on the Filezilla forums is that you have to permission the shares so that the same user running the Filezilla service also has full permissions to the share. Does anyone use Filezilla with mapped drives/shares to their FreeNAS box that could give me some guidance?

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
It's not entirely clear what you're saying, but, it looks like this isn't a FreeNAS question, but a Filezilla Server question.

That being said, once I read your post 20 times and tried to decipher it, the problem I think you're having is what's described in this sticky:
https://forum.filezilla-project.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9200

JimPhreak

Contributor
It's not entirely clear what you're saying, but, it looks like this isn't a FreeNAS question, but a Filezilla Server question.

That being said, once I read your post 20 times and tried to decipher it, the problem I think you're having is what's described in this sticky:
https://forum.filezilla-project.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9200

Yea I know I didn't explain it very well which is kind of why I was just taking a shot that someone else on this board runs Filezilla FTP Server. When you go to create shared folders for users/groups it's not very straightforward in terms of getting multiple volume shares to show up for users.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Did that sticky link I posted help?

JimPhreak

Contributor
Did that sticky link I posted help?

Unfortunately no. I had already gone through those steps before I posted here. Although the last step in that sticky has me confused because I'm not sure if that applies. If all my CIFS shares are setup on FreeNAS for guest access how would I set it up so that the same user running the Filezilla service is also the one whom the share is permissioned for?

Btw I do appreciate you taking the time to find that sticky.

Status
Not open for further replies.