Setting up Rsync Cron...crashes boot drive..

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjemison

Dabbler
So... I have a new install of FreeNAS ...used 2 (mirrored) boot thumb drives (Corsair brand - 32G).. System runs great except for the fact that after I set up a Cron job and it is running... There is an error that the drives are full specifically in the /data directory... The cron jobs are set to Rsync to Rsync.net offsite... I have never seen this happen before! ... The system is so bad off that I cannot even get the GUI to come up! ... Has anyone else seen this problem? I install version 9 and performed an update, made my data sets crested users and setup shares.. .all works just fine until about an hour into the Rsync cron job.. any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you
Kell Jemison

Last edited by a moderator:

kjemison

Dabbler
Well... looking at another one of my systems Cron Job setup for the same thing.. the only difference is that on my other system (Which works fine) .. the Redirect stdout option is cleared on the Cron tab... could this be the issue stdout filling the USB boot drive? -- Just a shot in the dark - Thank you for any help
Kell

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
There is no reason a cron job or an rsync could be writing enough data to you boot pool to fill up a 32GB flash drive unless you have something configured incorrectly and you are storing data into your boot drive instead of saving data in you storage pool. Before anyone could possibly help you with this we would need to know more about the configuration. You probably have something setup wrong either when you created your storage pool or when you setup the rsync.

kjemison

Dabbler
Configuration of system - Intel S5000 motherboard, 16 GB ECC RAM, Qty. 4 - 4TB enterprise drives in RAID Z1 config...Standard install, created groups and users, activated CIFS, SSH, Rsync.. 1 primary data pool with 3 datasets
The command I give to run the rsync cron job is: /usr/local/bin/rsync -avH --progress /mnt/datapool/dataset 123@tv-s001.rsync.net: - I have setup about 15 - 20 FreeNAS systems over the last 2 years and have never had the type of problem I stated above. The machine runs great, shares all work correctly network data transfers are very fast, etc... just seems that my problems come into play about an hour after rsync kicks in. I will be onsite first thing this morning and plug a monitor into the system.. maybe it show a little more detail of the errors.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
What is the target?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Did you solve this?

Status
Not open for further replies.