Setting proper permissions in shell

Status
Not open for further replies.

prescott

Dabbler
I've rsynced alot of data from one datastore to another and now whenever I want to modify/delete files over CIFS, I have no permissions to do so even though the permissions in GUI are set properly. I believe this has happened because rsync was run under root and now the files have "root" permissions instead of "user1".

Can anyone please write down the lines to fix permissions? It should be easy peasy for most of you.

Thanks!

prescott

Dabbler
23 views and 0 replies? :S what's going on? not 1 person knows out of 23 how to do it?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Sorry but your asking for help with permissions. Generally around here asking for permissions is like asking for that winning lottery ticket. We see these all the time, they are extremely time consuming to handle in the forum, and those that know better know not to get involved for fear of spending the rest of their life troubleshooting the problem. I'm embellishing the time a little, but it is a major time hog so most of us close the browser tab when we see its "another permissions problem".

Status
Not open for further replies.