setfacl on system dataset pool

Waffelen

Dabbler
Hi,

I used -

setfacl /mnt/Neater-Office –m g:Neater:modify_set:allow /mnt/Neater-Office

to add the "Neater" group to an already existing system data pool a few years ago.

Now I am replicating the pool onto a new system and trying the same command on the pool but when I enter the command I get -

usage: setfacl [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-bdhkn] [-a position entries] [-m entries] [-M file] [-x entries] [-X file] [file ...]

and no change to the permissions. Has something changed or am I doing something wrong this time round?

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Hi,

I used -

setfacl /mnt/Neater-Office –m g:Neater:modify_set:allow /mnt/Neater-Office

to add the "Neater" group to an already existing system data pool a few years ago.

Now I am replicating the pool onto a new system and trying the same command on the pool but when I enter the command I get -

usage: setfacl [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-bdhkn] [-a position entries] [-m entries] [-M file] [-x entries] [-X file] [file ...]

and no change to the permissions. Has something changed or am I doing something wrong this time round?
Your command syntax is wrong.
setfacl –m g:Neater:modify_set:allow /mnt/Neater-Office

But unless you've taken care to make sure your groups have same gids on both systems, this isn't going to give you the desired results.

Waffelen

Dabbler
Your command syntax is wrong.
setfacl –m g:Neater:modify_set:allow /mnt/Neater-Office

But unless you've taken care to make sure your groups have same gids on both systems, this isn't going to give you the desired results.

My mistake, the corrected syntex you sent was what I was I actually using but when it didtn work, I started to move things around in case I had the wrong syntex so what posted, is the edited incorrect version I tried last.

For context my old system was a simple 2 disk mirror so was upgrading to a 4 disk raidz setup and I wanted to basiclly replicate everyhting across so it was identical and then load my config ontop so everything kicked off from where it was and didnt have re do all permissions, tasks and settings etc.

I first tried loading the config before I created the dataset and did the replication but didnt have the top level permissions so then was trying to create the dataset and load the config after the replication was complete.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Whoops, your syntax was more wrong than I caught o first glance:
setfacl –m g:Neater:modify_set:fd:allow /mnt/Neater-Office
You omitted the section for ACE flags (fd).

Waffelen

Dabbler
Whoops, your syntax was more wrong than I caught o first glance:
setfacl –m g:Neater:modify_set:fd:allow /mnt/Neater-Office
You omitted the section for ACE flags (fd).
I did as I was saying and replicated the data then uploaded the old system config so all users and groups are there and then entered the commad as u outlined but still not getting the change when i getfacl. Any ideas?

Waffelen

Dabbler
The below worked -

setfacl -m g:Neater:rwxpDdaARWc--s:fd----:allow /mnt/Neater-Office