SOLVED Services down: /usr/lib/libssl.so.6: Unsupported relocation type 30549536 in non-PLT relocations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metalmurphy

Cadet
Hey everyone, I'm having this strange issue with one of our FreeNAS servers, we noticed that the samba shares stopped working, when we try to restart them we got the following error:
Code:
Performing sanity check on Samba configuration: FAILED

Doing the testparm command however gave the error in the title:
Code:
[root@freenas] /data# testparm /usr/local/etc/smb.conf
/usr/lib/libssl.so.6: Unsupported relocation type 30549536 in non-PLT relocations

We then decided to reboot the server and after it booted I still had SSH access but the WebUI stopped working, restarting nginx gives the exact same error:
Code:
[root@freenas] /data# service nginx start
Performing sanity check on nginx configuration:
/usr/lib/libssl.so.6: Unsupported relocation type 30549536 in non-PLT relocations

Starting nginx.

/usr/local/etc/rc.d/nginx: WARNING: failed to start nginx

I'm considering installing FreeNAS from start on a new USB drive as I had issues with USB drives before, is there anyway I can backup the config to a file like the option in the WebUI, but over SSH?

Also this FreeNAS is in 9.1-STABLE, will it be possible/simple to import the volumes on a newly installed 9.10 version? And the config file, can I import configs from previous versions?

Thanks in advanced.

I wouldn't even begin to know how to troubleshoot a 9.1 system. You could upgrade to 9.10. Maybe. I'm not sure if that's a direct upgrade.

The current configuration is located at /data/freenas-v1.db and you should be able to grab a copy if you have access to the server.

The failing library (SSL) is critical to the server's operation. It could be corrupt. Do you have a previous FreeNAS boot image you can fall back to? If so, you might try booting from the previous version. If it works, grab a copy of the good libssl, boot into the broken version and drop in the good version.

If that library got corrupted because of a bad USB stick, you might want to - once you get it working - mirror it to a new stick then remove the questionable stick. It could also be the file got corrupted because of some other failing component.

A final option would be a new USB stick and fresh FreeNAS 9.10 installation then import the existing pools.

Cheers,
Matt

melloa

Wizard
And the config file, can I import configs from previous versions?

I'm not sure, but if everything else fails and you can ssh to the boot disk, you can save the config to reinstall the same version. http://download.freenas.org/ should have the old version you are running.

On FreeNAS 9.10 you can find the config here:

Code:
[root@mellonas /]# ls data/freenas-v1.db										
data/freenas-v1.db	

If your volume mounts, you can also copy to it. I do a daily copy with below script:

Code:
#!/bin/bash																	
cdate=$(date +"%Y%m%d%H%M%S")												 
SRCEFILE=/data/freenas-v1.db													
DESTDIR=/mnt/raid/cifs/configs  <- change this to your particular situation												
DESTFILE=${DESTDIR}/freenas-v1_$(date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S).db						
cp ${SRCEFILE} ${DESTFILE}

Good luck!

Edit:

If you server is capable to handle the new version, I'd update to get all the fixes, after getting things back.

joeschmuck

Old Man
can I import configs from previous versions?
Yes you can as a general statement. If your configuration file is not available then this is a viable option.
Also this FreeNAS is in 9.1-STABLE, will it be possible/simple to import the volumes on a newly installed 9.10 version?
Yes however if this is an business environment, ensure your data is backed up first and then I'd only update to 9.10.1-U4. Do not upgrade the zpool volume(s) when the alert comes up, just disable it. You will not be able to roll back if you have an issue and you upgraded the pool.

Metalmurphy

Cadet
Thank you for your help, considering the replies I'm gonna try first setting up another USB drive with the same version and upload the config file. Then I might consider upgrading it to a newer version.

Metalmurphy

Cadet
Hey, just wanted to update this saying that it was indeed a faulty USB drive, replaced it with a brand new instalation of 9.10 and imported the old config file directly through the WebUI and everything worked great other than a warning saying 4GB is not enough. I'll try getting some RAM there eventually.

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.