Scrub Email Notification "To" Address

Status
Not open for further replies.

joebad1

Explorer
Updated to 11.1 a week ago. Since then, the emails coming to me from the server that announce a scrub has started are showing an unknown "To" address of: root@flph829.prodigy.net (even though they actually come to my personal address). The second email from the server showing a scrub has finished are showing a correct "To" address.

I get nervous when I see unknown emails addresses in my messages. Can someone put me at ease?

D

dlavigne

I assume flph829.prodigy.net is the system's hostname? If so, it sounds like a bug that should be reported to bugs.freenas.org. If you do, post the issue number here.

joebad1

Explorer
Not sure how to check on that. Just for grins, I did a "Where is flph829.prodigy.net" on Google. It came up as an AT&T (not my ISP) address in Indianapolis (not my location or my VPN location).

joebad1

Explorer
OK. Thanks.
Typing 'hostname' in the shell gives me "freenas.local"

D

dlavigne

That is weird and worth reporting. Please do so at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here.

Brett Keller

Cadet
I noticed this too ever since I upgraded to 11.1 from 9.10. It's a bug, and I wrote a patch for it here:
https://github.com/freenas/freenas/pull/667

I'm assuming that fix will be available in the next update and should solve your problem, though I'm not sure for when the FreeNAS folks have scheduled the next update release.

joebad1

Explorer
Ahhh. Good to know. No need to report a new bug then?

joebad1

Explorer

Linkman

Patron
I have seen this on my FreeNAS system as well, with similar seemingly random addresses but all ending in prodigy.net.
(I didn't report or investigate because that was right before my network issues, and I haven't finished reconfiguring everything yet. This will be a new install rather than an upgrade, so was waiting to see if the problem still presented.)

Status
Not open for further replies.