SCALE 22.02 Release Date and Code Freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
TrueNAS Community,

Excited to announce that as of yesterday 2/4, we've hit internal Code Freeze for the upcoming release of TrueNAS SCALE 22.02. This puts us on track to officially release SCALE on 2/22/22 as planned. Our internal validation and documentation teams are busy working hard to ensure that this release is stable for everybody on launch day.

If you are an early adopter and want to help us test out, this is a great time to try the SCALE Nightly Images. Testing early and helping report bugs will help ensure that we can squash as many as possible before release day.

Before switching from RC2 -> Nightly, we'd recommend you first create a new Boot Environment. (System Settings -> Boot -> Actions -> Add). This boot-environment can be used to roll back to RC2 before upgrading to the RELEASE version on 2/22/22.

Thanks, and happy testing everybody!

Arwen

MVP
Arrg, another funny date.

I was working at Oracle when Solaris 11 was officially released, on 11/11/11, (aka November 11, 2011).

ClassicGOD

Contributor
it will be even more fitting for countries with DD/MM/YYYY date formats. 22.02 on 22.02 :P

zlwh2y

Cadet
when i upgraded from 22.02.RC2,check the list ,noticed me UpgradeTrueNAS-22.02.0 -> TrueNAS-22.02.RELEASE,
when i apply it ,tell me can not downgrade to the 22.02.RELEASE

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
when i upgraded from 22.02.RC2,check the list ,noticed me UpgradeTrueNAS-22.02.0 -> TrueNAS-22.02.RELEASE,
when i apply it ,tell me can not downgrade to the 22.02.RELEASE
Hang tight, we're investigating and still pushing files to the update server. Might be some churn next few hours.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Thank you very much. I just wanted to say, "I don't want to delay the administrator's release of updates because of me.". Thank you!
The above link is where ISO for install is located and should have the manual update file soon.

edit: manual update file is now available at the above link.

Last edited:

Kasazn

Explorer
Hi!

I updated from 22.02-RC.2 to the latest through the GUI and my machine is running.

[System Settings > Boot] Screengrab
1645543382115.png

But then there's an update available again but update will fail with the error message as below.

1645543495959.png

1645543427282.png

Last edited:

bitbit

Dabbler
Hi!

I updated from 22.02-RC.2 to the latest through the GUI and my machine is running.

[System Settings > Boot] Screengrab
View attachment 53364

But then there's an update available again but update will fail with the error message as below.

View attachment 53367

View attachment 53366
I encountered the same issue after an upgrade to my test server. A fresh install using the linked TrueNAS-SCALE-22.02.0.iso image results in the same behavior including displaying "Update available". Seems to simply be a release name issue as installed system is recognized as TrueNAS-22.02.0 with an available "update" of TrueNAS-22.02.RELEASE. I'd trust that you're running the RELEASE version and the team will promptly sort our the naming issue.

Congratulations to iXsystems on reaching release date of a game changing product!

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
I encountered the same issue after an upgrade to my test server. A fresh install using the linked TrueNAS-SCALE-22.02.0.iso image results in the same behavior including displaying "Update available". Seems to simply be a release name issue as installed system is recognized as TrueNAS-22.02.0 with an available "update" of TrueNAS-22.02.RELEASE. I'd trust that you're running the RELEASE version and the team will promptly sort our the naming issue.

Congratulations to iXsystems on reaching release date of a game changing product!
Yea, we're working through the naming confusion, but if you are on 22.02.0 you are running the proper release version :)

stanlog

Cadet
Updated to 22.02 stable without issue. Thank you so much for this wonderful job. Long life to TrueNas Scale !! Adopted in my infra.

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
Thanks for the kind words!
Updated to 22.02 stable without issue. Thank you so much for this wonderful job. Long life to TrueNas Scale !! Adopted in my infra.

Status
Not open for further replies.