SCALE 21.08 - In testing now!

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
Hey TrueNAS Fans!

Quick update on the status of TrueNAS SCALE 21.08. It is currently slated to release 8/24 and we're pretty much in the final stretch of bugfixes and testing. If you are a brave nightly user, we'd appreciate any feedback on issues discovered in the next couple weeks so we can have a chance to address them before the release proper.

Thanks and good luck!

c77dk

Patron
Just to clarify - if I "sidegrade" to SCALE in a new boot environment (I'm using CORE 12.0-U5). Will I be able to do a rollback to CORE if SCALE Nightly has too many issues? That's how I understand it, but just want to be sure.

Last edited:

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Just to clarify - if I "sidegrade" to SCALE in a new boot environment (I'm using CORE 12.0-U5). Will I be able to do a rollback to CORE if SCALE Nightly has too many issues? That's how I understand it, but just want to be sure.
Checkpoint the pool and test it out if your data is backed up. It is not something that has been thoroughly tested.
If you have critical data I'd recommend waiting for 21.08 official release (8/24)

If other users have done that reverse sidegrade, please let us know if there are issues (or successes).

Just checking in to see if 21.08 has been officially released yet. No rush. I'd rather it work at the planned/desired release quality, just asking...for a friend.

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
Just checking in to see if 21.08 has been officially released yet. No rush. I'd rather it work at the planned/desired release quality, just asking...for a friend.

Its coming 8/31 :) Another week to do some additional testing / fixes, but its looking pretty good so far.

phin

Dabbler
Awesome looking forward to this. Is there a patch from moving from nightlies to releases or does that require a reinstall?

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
Officially you should roll back to 21.06 and upgrade from there to be safe :)