SATA Controller Advice.

Hi everyone. I am hoping someone could give me some advice.

I have done searches and can see a lot of similar results, however I am feeling less
confident about choosing the right gear, hence this post that I hope smarter people
than I may be able to quickly answer for me.

I am running TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.3.3
Gigabyte X570S AORUS PRO AX Motherboard.

I needed to expand my HDD capacity and stupidly just assumed
buying a SATA controller card would just work. So I purchased
this https://www.startech.com/en-au/cards-adapters/8p6g-pcie-sata-card
which I have since realised once plugged in Truenas does not even see the drives.

I have since done research and noted that I need to get an HBA IT Mode controller.
As I have no idea about this and not the time to go fully in depth with research, (I run a very busy gardening business)
could anyone tell me if the following card is the right one to get? I have already wasted a bunch of money
and time buying the wrong one and would like to prevent making another mistake, and whilst
I am very proficient in building regular PCs, servers are definitely new to me.

So as far as I can tell I need a LSI 9211-8i HBA IT Mode controller. Is this the correct one? Inspur SAS 9300-8i LSI
I am based in Australia and have done an Ebay search for LSI 9300-8i it mode and came up with the following
results. RESULTS Are any of these better than others, or is there anything I should be looking for.

I am trying to avoid buying a card that I need to flash or do anything else to, I just want to plug it in and it works
as again, I really am short on free time.

Thank you in advance and happy new year.

Krill

Cadet
I bought the LIS 9207 version of that card (IT mode), sloted it into place and connected 8 HDD and It Just Worked (TM).

I bought the LIS 9207 version of that card (IT mode), sloted it into place and connected 8 HDD and It Just Worked (TM).
kk.
I have tried to find the exact version you mentioned and I just ordered it, so I will let you know how I go.
Appreciate you replying.